Wednesday, October 11, 2006

11 October 2006 - ... and i feel fine ..

well i am on my 2nd full day post op. the '30 to 45 minute' procedure took over 3 hours thanks to scar tissue.
recovery was just not good. apparently i am a crabby bitch.. but of course people who know me already knew that. heh. all i can remember is how much my butt hurt .. i guess i was on the table so long that it went beyond numb. i’m finally starting to get some feeling back.
the barium wasn’t as bad as i thought it would be, i just wanted to get it over with so i could have some ice chips. my mouth was so incredibly dry.
after my barium swallow i started bleeding. the nurses thought it was that time of the month until i saw that my dressing gown was stained. they had to put a pressure bandage on me (oh that was fun).
yesterday i slept most of the day. today has been pretty good. i’ve been awake for a lot of the day. we’ll see how i am by Monday when i go to work. i’ve lost about 7 pounds since the surgery. i will want to start moving more soon. not yet though.

0 thoughts: