Monday, March 2, 2009

a complete shit day

my best friend died today. god that is so fucking hard to type.

several years ago she had breast cancer.. thanks to a double
mastectomy, she beat it. 2 years ago she was diagnosed with liver &
bone cancer... a few months ago she told me it had moved to her
brain. these past couple of months, I let my life get in the way of
seeing her & talking to her... I was thinking of her all weekend, but
my in laws were in town. I txted her daughter last night to find out
visiting info for her (hospice) & we were going to visit tonight when
DH came home.

her daughter txted me this afternoon that she died this morning...
she didn't get to meet Joshua.... this fucking sucks so bad...

sent from my iPhone ;)

12 thoughts:

Sammee said...

I am so sorry for your loss C.

Amanda said...

Holy crap.

Im so sorry.

[[hugs]]

faithmd said...

Nothing I can say will help, but I want you to know that I am truly sorry for your deep loss.

Ang said...

oh hon, *HUGE HUGS* I am soo sorry for your loss.

She Smiles said...

I'm so sorry. Hope you're doing ok *hugs*

Gloucester said...

Christine...I'm so sorry for your loss. It may not help, and sorry if I'm way off, but try focusing on all the good you had together. The guilt of not seeing her, or Joshua meeting her won't do any good.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm thinking about you.

MicheleK said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Me said...

Christine,
Sorry for your loss.
All I can say, with complete confidence is:
Your friend knew you loved her.
Friends know.
She knew.

Anonymous said...

Losing Jusme, I'm so sorry for your loss. This is readysteadygo. I came to your blog today, and saw this, I had to say something.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

I lost a friend to breast cancer in 2003. I had just moved to Atlanta and still have guilt about having not spent more time with her before I left Memphis. I've never said that "out loud" before. I definitely sympathize, Christine.