Monday, February 18, 2008

doctor's visit

couldnt get in to see my regular OB, so i got the "fill in" guy. now i know why he had an opening. complete dick.

so they did an internal ultrasound, didnt even get a drink after that **eyeroll**... nothing, zip, nada in my uterus ... well, blood, but no baby ... not pregnant any longer....

the dolt of a doctor was like wellllll, we cant be sure (hello, no baby, no pregnancy... how much more clear do you need it to be????)

he drew more blood (3rd pregnancy test in that many business days) and wants to compare the numbers with my PCP's to ensure they are indeed going down. he is also not going to recommend that i have surgery. he isnt going to discourage it, but he wont recommend it ... WTF???? i know it's ultimately Dr. Pollock's call, but you'd think Dr. P would go on the recommendation of the OB... so, i can only hope that Dr. P thinks it through clearly. i mean, i KNOW he will, he is a very level headed man and i know if it's delayed it would be for my safety, but its just frustrating.

and yes, at this moment, we are talking about going thru with the surgery. if i get preggers a little down the line and fuck up my muscles a tad, that will still be better than having the gut, n'est pas???

so yeah, i have to wait another day (hopefully only a day)... he did also do a complete blood count which is good, but damn... i just want it to be over.

2 thoughts:

She Smiles said...

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about all of this *hugs*

Angie said...

What a roller coaster.

Not that you asked, but I think I'd get the surgery. Even if you had another baby, you wouldn't stretch it out as it is now, kwim? And if for whatever reason you end up not getting pregnant again, you'd regret not having gone ahead with the TT.

Just my 4 cents. :)