Sunday, December 28, 2008

ok, some things are just WRONG...

DH took DD skating yesterday ... she had an absolute blast. as they were taking a short break, we saw this one woman (probably about 24-25ish) ... she weighed no less than 300 pounds... i cannot even begin to describe what this woman was wearing ... it was kinda like a tank top with spaghetti straps (the clear ones)... she had ROLLLLS hanging out of this top... and the 'muffin top' was all the way around and you could see it in all it's glory...

now now ... before you think im a complete hypocrite, i'm not... i was that big - bigger even - but i would not be caught dead in that shirt or anything close to it. i did take a picture of her at a book store, but decided against posting it... my luck, she'd belong to LBT or something... **eyeroll**

so the moral of the story is ... hell, i dunno ... dont wear white trash clothing if you are fucking huge. (ok, dont wear white trash clothing at all - especially if you are huge)...

5 thoughts:

Ang said...

AGREED! I don't think you're a hypocrite at all, it's called good taste and common sense.

Sammee said...

I had to have a giggle. I see that sort of trash all the time. It's not sexy at. all. Even if they are skinny sexy little things that sort of attire is trashy.

Gloucester said...

I second that Agreed! It's not an attractive look, even if you're thinner.

At a restaurant this weekend, the waitress had her pants hiked down low and her rolls were hanging over...right at eye level. It was hard to even look at her.

It's also a respect thing...And, when you let it all hang out, it's just not a classy look.

Don't these people ever watch TLC's What Not To Wear? :)

She Smiles said...

Even now I've lost most of my weight I don't wear tank/sleeveless tops. Its not pretty. I don't wear super fitted tshirts either because I am conscious of my back fat. But I guess some people just don't have a clue.

Properly fitting, hiding your "sins" and classic never fails. Its not rocket science--dress for your figure/size people!!

Angelyco said...

Agreed! Just because they make certain clothing styles in plus size doesn't mean you should wear them!