Tuesday, June 3, 2008

03June08 training

holy crap! awesomly amazingly wonderfully great run today...

i pushed myself - HARD... i have to admit i havent been running much. more of a fast walk. well today i decided to just suck it up and do it. so i walked ... and walked a little more (averaging about 4-ish MPH) then i ran a block... (averaging about 6-ish MPH)... then walked for a little more then ran. but this time instead of running 1 block, i ran 2 blocks ... i did this a few times and it felt great.

i then did my normal sprint from the corner of my street to my house and i freaking BOOKED it... i ran faster than i've ever gone before ... and Garmin registered TEN !!!!! MPH... holy freaking shit!

so, yeah.... it was an amazing run.

things i did differently:
wore new socks... they are really nice and i cannot remember the name of them for the life of me ... soft .. sof something ... they are extremely snug and fit like a second skin.

tied my shoes tighter... MUCH tighter. i went to Luke's (running store) Sunday and they said that may be the reason i lost my toenail. the shoe needs to be tight enough to where you cannot kick them off at the end of the run (i'm SOOO guilty of that)

wore a running skirt... yes, a skirt. it was weird at first, but after 5-10 minutes it felt good... i do however, need to get some body glide. chub rub of the thighs... **eye roll**

i did set a new pace goal for the next 30 days. last goal was 5 runs with a pace of 14:58 / minute or faster. this new goal is 5 runs with a pace of 14:49 / minute. this will be very very tough for me as i am not fast at all. but i will push myself to do it.


5 thoughts:

salsa1877 said...

Great job! I knew you could do it. Though I really think you should take a break!

christines iphone said...

i actually am going to take a running break ... tomorrow ... its my cross train day. 8 P

i know iou an email, i just suck.

salsa1877 said...

Don't worry about the email. I am not going to have email access anyways. My brother lives in the back 40 and has NO amenities. It is like going camping when I got to his 5 bedroom ENORMOUS house. The heat doesn't work most of the time, he doesn't have cable, no internet, and half the time he is in the middle of remodling and we don't have electricity. I drew the line after my lap-band surgery when we said he was going to have to shut off the water for a day or two!

She Smiles said...

Thats a great effort! Technically you're doing fartlek (check wikipedia if that means nothing to you!), which is great when you are training for endurance!

I'm *SO* jealous.

christines iphone said...

yeah, i've heard about it ... i just thought you ran longer with fartlek... ???