Thursday, June 5, 2008

05June08 - LONG distance day

DAMN it was long and i was so freaking slow. SOOOO freaking slow. yes, the long distance is supposed to be about 20% slower than your average, but at times, it felt like i was crawling. about mile 4-5 my feet were really getting sore... and i was just thinking oh damn, i will need to do this at least FOUR MORE TIMES in Chicago...

can i do it? fuck, i really dont know. i REALLY REALLY dont know. and i know i have about 18 more weeks of training, but fuck... i cannot imagine going even more than 10 miles. seriously.
blah...

4 thoughts:

salsa1877 said...

Yes you can do it. 18 weeks is a HUGE amount of time. I know it can be done...I know the miles can increase because I did it! Don't look at it as needing to go 26 miles. Look at it that next week you need to do 1 more mile. Hell...we can do 1 mile in our sleep. That is how I continuously look at it. Just 1 more mile

Amy said...

I don't know if you are my inspiration but you are defiantly an encouragement! I have started my training for a 10K run. Right now I am in the Walogging (walking-jogging) phase. Do you have any advice? Just leave it on my blog if you do!

She Smiles said...

You can SO do this! I agree with Salsa, 18 weeks is a long time - and you've got a good schedule happening so far. You'll make it, when ever it gets hard in training, just imagine how fantastic it is going to feel crossing that finish line of the marathon.

A quote I have up around my desk at work that helped me when I was training for the half(s) is "Some one somewhere in the world is training when you are not". It always motivated me to get my butt out running on the days I was lacking the motivation I needed. Maybe do something like that too?

Me said...

You CAN do this!!
Go strong!