Thursday, June 12, 2008

ok - i need to chill the F out ....

i posted a freak out that i was probably losing and some wonderful woman gave me a great link about hCG (heaven forbid i do my own research and just rely on 1 internet source)

* 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
* 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
* 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml

at the time of the test i was 5weeks 6days... my hCG was 3059.... so well within the range that the American Pregnancy Association (whoda thunk there was an association??) says is OK.

" Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers."

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

sooooo... im going to TRY to chill out and just wait until my Doctor calls tomorrow with a (HIGHER, please) number...

thanks for the fingers/etc crossed, it really means a lot to me.

3 thoughts:

lori said...

this pregnancy would be the icing on the cake for you. you so deserve it. i am definately praying for you.
-favorite

salsa1877 said...

My toes and fingers are turning as purple as my "Powerade Zero" from crossing them. If I can muster a little bit tigher squeeze I will do so. I won't even care if I am risking blood loss to the extremeties. This is SOOOOOOOOO worth it!

She Smiles said...

Wow, thats interesting. I know NOTHING about babies etc, so I don't even really know what hCG is.

Lets hope the Doc calls with a GOOD increase tomorrow *crosses fingers harder*