Sunday, June 8, 2008

ok, seriously...

WHO starts a race at 9:30 in the morning?? really!?

it was hot, it was humid and there were f'ing HILLS!!! grrrrrr

despite that, I did make it in less than 45 minutes (barely).

after I proceeded to get rather violently ill... we were running late
and were just going to stop by Starbucks on the way... they werent
freaking open.. at 7:45am!!? wth? so all I had to eat before the
race was a mini muffin.. won't do that again.

after the race, we did go to bux and I got my iced chai (with no
ice)... felt better.. I guess I just needed something in me.

we picked DD up from in-laws then to the pool for 'fwimming'. then
bath and I literally crashed on the bed for 45 mins.. I'm still
beat. DH went to get a light lunch (mcd's bleck) at least their iced
coffee is good... alhough should I be drinking much caffeine??

everyone please keep your fingers crossed and if you pray, say a short
one that this pregnancy holds...

sent from my iPhone ;)

3 thoughts:

salsa1877 said...

Congrats...I knew you could do it. The first time I tried to run on an empty stomach I just about died. Now I eat a high carb protein bar before my long morning runs. SO MUCH BETTER!

A 9:30 race is really late. I am concerned that my half is at 8AM, but we are in the desert so it doesn't get warm until around noonish so hopefully I will be okay.

I am keeping my fingers crossed about the pregnancy. Maybe I am good luck...I have three friends who either are or were preggo. One just gave birth, one due July, and one due August! That is fine...everyone else can get preggo as long as I stay as barren as a nun!

She Smiles said...

Congrats on the run! I've found half a banana before a race does wonders for my energy levels.

I'll keep my fingers AND toes crossed for you on the pregnancy front too.

Losing Jusme said...

thanks guys...

ok - after pissing DH off for nearly falling asleep at dinner (3 times), i gotta get to bed. early morning to take a flight home.