Friday, January 11, 2008

input please...

ok ... I'm pretty sure I've already told this story, but...

I kinda work with a woman (same department, different area) I'll call
her Mary..

Mary and I had our lap bands placed on the same day (same doctor
even)... I had NO CLUE she had hers placed... I found out by
accident when someone accidentally 'slipped'...

Mary likes to eat... we had breakfast together once and while I was
enjoying my 2 scrambled eggs, she ate pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, you
name it... she also left the table no fewer than SIX times.. I'm
ASSuming to PB cause she was all flushed and sweaty when she came
back... but she continued to EAT... (and leave and eat, etc...)

she is still quite large. she didnt start out as big as me, maybe
280-300.. I dunno I suck at guessing weights and she's quite a bit
shorter than I am.

ok, C, get to the point....
today I was walking downstairs and mary saw me.... she said "you are
getting skinny"... I kinda brushed it off, but wow.. today is a
"non-shake" day, basically, I get to eat today... I was going down to
the cafe to get God knows what to eat....

thanks to her comment, know what I got?? lettuce for a huge salad..
I already had ham and some shredded cheese and dressing in my office
kitchen..

later I emailed her thanking her for her compliment, telling her how
much I appreciated it.

she responded by saying she needs to lose weight before her reunion,
that she lost 50 in 2006, but gained 35 last year... I haven't
responded yet...

suggestions on how to respond? I don't wanna say that I know she has
a band, but I want to encourage her... apparently she overeats,
doesnt chew her food, drinks with meals, etc...

I don't think I wanna point her to LBT cause I'll be found and I like
the relative anonymity (sp????) that I have now.

wow I can't believe I typed this out on my iPhone... LONG

sent from my iPhone ;)

1 thoughts:

viridescence said...

Wow, that is a tough one. If you point her to LBT then she'll be in your business. Maybe you can vaguely mention online resources?

It definitely sounds like she is not working her band. I'm not sure what you can do about that without giving away that you know she has one (and that you have one too). But I wonder what she thought you were thinking when she left the table six times to PB at breakfast? If you didn't know about the band, might you think she was bulimic?

I'll ponder on that one. Hmm.