Thursday, December 6, 2007

it's a numbers game

dammit... i had a whole thoughtful post typed out and blogger crapped out on me...
grrrrrr....

myfooddiary has a sort of motivational system in place. if you are doing well and making good choices you get a nice green smiling face on your summary. if you could be doing better, you get a red frown.

my goal is, of course, to have mostly (if not all) green smiling faces greeting me.

in planning my food for the next day, i try to take this into account. last night i didnt have much time to plan so i just threw some stuff together that i knew were well balanced and would keep me satisfied. part of my choices included cheese and crackers. that's healthy, got a bit of fat, some carbs and a little bit of protein in there as well. **sigh** red frowning face. too much saturated fat grams (about 10%).

so i reworked it.

a few days ago, i bought these amazing Kashi dark chocolate and oatmeal cookies. they are really tasty and satisfy any sweet craving i am having. i replaced one of my cheese/cracker snacks with a cookie - voila! all green smiling faces! i guess i needed the fiber.

sooooo ... it IS ok to have a cookie (emphasis on ONE cookie) to balance out your day as long as you are making good choices the rest of the day.

this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. i fail miserably on diets (ummm... low carbing it sent me in a horrible frenzy of off plan for about 3 months. granted i lost a ton in a week, but what did i do the other weeks? nothing.)

on the weight loss front - - i am very pleased. down 6 pounds since this Tuesday. just by planning my day and watching what i eat. i am sad to say exercise has not been a priority lately. with DH gone (came back Tues night) and my stupid toe - still, it's just so difficult to do anything. im going to get there though. i really am.

i am 1.2 pounds away from my lowest weight in a very very VERY long time (think about 15 years!) yay.

0 thoughts: