Sunday, January 25, 2009

eviction date set

my OB is on call today, I really tried to convince her to induce me
today, but she called Joshua a 'wimpy white boy', thankfully that had
been explained to me by Faith and I understood.. ;) I tried to
convince her that he's half Asian, but it's a no go unless I go into
labor au natural...

ok... Joshua's official eviction date is on the books.. THIS Friday,
January 30th EARRRRRLY in the AM... they will start the process
Thursday after dinner...

omg... I just can't believe it's THIS WEEK!


sent from my iPhone ;)

4 thoughts:

Beth said...

Fantastic!! Will you still have the OB that you didn't like? I was thinking it was set for maybe Thursday and that was the day she was on call.

Also, what's the "whimpy white boy" thing all about?

christines iphone said...

*sigh* nope, its with my least fave OB... they will start thinning my cervix on Thursday and they said that could throw me into labor, but more than likely i'll need pitocin. the shifts for the docs start at 7a ... so i doubt it very seriously if i'll deliver before she comes on Friday at 7.

'wimpy white boy' ... i know i wont be able to explain it as well as Faith, but basically it has to do with the health and 'viability' of newborns - i think specifically those born early. girls do best - specifically African American girls, then Caucasian, etc... then boys... i believe it is in relation to lung development, etc... so yeah, i kinda have a wimpy Asian/Caucasian boy ... the Asian makes it a tad better, but not much... my nurse today said pretty much the darker the skin, the better they do..

not saying that Joshua will not do well, just saying the longer he stays baking inside of me, the better... doc said "you are the best incubator" ... lol...

Lauren said...

Good luck! Will be sending good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

YEAH Congrats. Yes when i worked in the NICU we called boys Wimpy.
They always took longer to recover then girls . So if we heard a boy was coming we were like " OH GEESH Wimpy Boy is coming be ready" LOL

Girls in general just do better.
They are "stronger" fight harder then boys do when they are in the NICU.
So the longer the better for sure
Mindy