Tuesday, January 13, 2009

oh look - its an update!

bed rest is working...

since Friday, i've lost 7 pounds of 'water weight'... im less swell ;)

my BP is stable, early this morning, it was 115/58 ...

soooo, this afternoon, i decided my hips just hurt ... really hurt... i decided to sit up just a bit... i was still kinda on my side, but sitting up... nurse came in and we talked about maybe eventually being able to 'walk the hall', but not yet... she said what i was doing should be fine, i asked her if she wanted me to lie down to take my pressure, she said might as well see what sitting up does to you... 155/90!! dammit!! she put my bed down, i laid on my side for no longer than 5 minutes and my pressure dropped to about 140/60ish...

soooooooooo.... my poor hips will have to just take the abuse until Joshua is born... it's a small sacrifice to keep my little guy in my tummy a bit longer. the nurse told me im almost 36 weeks and more than likely he'd be fine especially with the steroid shots i received for his lungs, but id REALLY rather deliver at 37 or later... 37 is considered full term, we'll see...

so thats the story .. had yet another FABULOUS dinner tonight... DH & DD are on their way with a proper dinner ...

6 thoughts:

Beth said...

We women are tireless and give so much. All so that they can tell us to eff off one day. :P

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girly !I know this is so hard.

Gloucester said...

I hate hospital food! The best I ever had was after lapband and it was a lot of broth and jello...never tasted so good!

Hang in there! :) Are you able to watch Biggest Loser??? That's the important thing, right?

lori said...

if your hips hurt ask for an air mattress to lay on. either way soon you'll be floating on cloud 9 when they hand you your son. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're hurting. It's worth it, but it is hard. Hang in there, that sweet baby will be here before you know it.

christines iphone said...

im in a 'delivery' room, so the bed is crap... they already put extra padding on it, so i doubt an air mattress will go on top... i'd bring my own, but if my water breaks in bed... ummm, ewwwww!