Monday, November 12, 2007

maybe im not a runner..

week 3 of couch to 5K is not going well for me. :(

i did my 90 seconds of running, then my 90 seconds of walking and just couldnt do the 3 minute run. i dunno what it was / is... my calves cramped up like a mother and it hurt just to walk, much less run.

now, 3 hours later my legs are crampy, my feet need a REALLY good rub/massage and my right glute is achey... i did walk over 3 miles. 2 miles on the treadmill (31 mins) then i went to a new park to scope out the new trail. its a pretty good one that i will more than likely go to. it does have a slight incline, but i can deal with it. i did a lap (.298 miles) in 5:21.4. next time i will time the entire run/walk (ok, i walked 99.5% of the time). i may even go tomorrow ...

WTF????

i want to run ... i love the rush of running ... why wont my body cooperate?? and i'm not running fast at all ... 4.4 is my 'average'. i even dropped down the speed to 4.2 and i just couldnt do it.

so instead of c25k - this is what i did:
30 seconds running 4.2
1 min walking 3.5-3.9
45 seconds running 4.4
2 min walking 3.5-3.9
1 min running 4.4
2 min walking 3.5-3.9
1 min 15 sec running 4.4
2 min walking 3.5-3.9
45 secs running 4.5
cool down.

this is nowhere where i want to be ... NOWHERE... i am disappointed in myself and my will power (or lack there of..) im depressed. the one good thing - my eating was on target today! in fact, there are some "brownie bites" (that i bought this weekend and had 3-4ish), and didnt have any today! yay me.

i need to work on posting my food all the time - not just my good days ... **eye roll**

1 thoughts:

Sammee said...

I think you did really, really well Christine! There is no need to beat yourself up over missing one 3 minute set!!

Just remember where you were 4 weeks ago with your running. You can do this! Have faith my friend!